The strange and wonderful life of a self-confessed bead addict (and speech and language therapist)

24 March 2012

New Job, New Obstacles....oh, and a holiday and a publishing deal!! (sort of...)

Howdy all! It's been a while, and I STILL haven't done the touted monochrome 'Folksy Friday' post - or the article on buttons. Sorry about that. It's been a crazy five weeks (or is it six now??) I promise to get them done soon.

First things first: I LOVE my new job!!! It's amazing and wonderful, and I feel like a useful and valuable member of a team. Hurrah! Having said that, the learning curve is steeeeeeeep!!! Luckily, my new boss is supportive and approachable, and I have plenty of other lovely (and much more experienced) colleagues, who readily put up with my incessant questions.


So...what else has been going on? Well, I went on a wonderful crafting holiday to Devon with my lovely mum, Crafty Gailie. It was perfect - idyllic surroundings, and nothing to do but make jewellry (and cards, in her case). I even learned a couple of new techniques!


I won't blabber on about it too much, because I'm planning on writing a series of posts about each day of the holiday, and listing each of the makes on Folksy in tandem. Knowing me, it'll take a while - but the first installment should be up tomorrow. In the meantime, here's the proof that we were as industrious as I claim:




And and and....in other news...


I'm about to have my first-ever magazine project published!! Yes, the lovelies at Bead Magazine have agreed to use a pair of my earrings as their Fast Fashion project for issue 39 (out sometime in June, I think). EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I'm so excited - and also hopeful that this will be the begiining of something more regular. Look out magazine publishers, I'm about to start bombarding you with my designs!!!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...